November 24th. 2014
On November 20, reopens its doors Bargelona, the ice rink located in Plaza Catalonia. It is an initiative of the Barcelona Trade Foundation becomes, since 2010, the city center in an area full of excitement for children and adults during the Christmas shopping.
Since its birth, has increased its size to move the ice rink being outdoors largest in Europe was the largest in the world.
This year, in addition to improvements in the structure and the roof implemented an electronic device to control access. Also decorate the whole place Catalonia lighting trees, so that looks like a real place for Christmas.
The opening times for the public to enjoy a fun time on the track, will be:
Sunday to Thursday from 10:00 h to 21:00 h.
Friday, Saturday and eve of public holidays from 10:00 to 23:00
Holidays from 10:00 h to 21:00 h.
24 and December 31 from 10:00 am to 20:00 pm.
December 25 from 10:00 to 14:00 and from 17:00 23:00.
1 January: 11:00 h to 23:00 h.
Twelfth Night (January 5): 10:00 h to 21:00 h.
This year, in order to promote ice sports in Barcelona with the aim of linking the city to the winter sports ahead of the Olympic and Paralympic Bid Barcelona Pyrenees in 2026, the track will host several activities:
• Show Opening: on 20 November will be a demonstration of professional skating.
• There will be seven exhibitions to bring the public skating shows and get more practitioners and ice sports fans.
• The Catalan Federation of Winter Sports offer this year a total of 10 courses: 3 figure skating, ice hockey 3, 2 short track (speed skating) and two introductory courses for children who have had no previous contact with the ice.
• Taking advantage of the track will be open while being held in the city Grand Prix skating from 11 to 14 December, several actions have been prepared so that the two events feed each.
• Students in schools participating in the program "Trade and schools," offered the opportunity to enjoy the ice rink in the mornings, from 21 November to 23 December.