· Where? Barri Gòtic
· When? From 11 to June 13th. 2010
On June 12, 1960 our city, thanks to the illusion of a whole neighborhood and their support, recovering the giants of the parish of Santa Maria del Pi. Figures were enclosed nearly a century, and perhaps because of it, were saved from the wars and destruction. The year 1960 would be restored by a young Manel Casserres i Boix and brought by Geganters of Solsona. On Saturday June 12, 2010, will be an intimate celebration that will remind us that fifty years ago now that the giants dance again on the road.
Programme of the celebration of June 12:
- Throughout the morning, the Giants and Exhibition Gegantons of Pi within the Palace of the Viceroy, as fifty years ago.
- At 17.30 h, The giants will be in front of the Palace of Virreina.
- At 18.00 hours, Dance of the Giants with all the guests through the Gothic Quarter.
- Final dance of the Giants at Plaça del Pi.
Eulàlia and Josep Oriol, Mustafa and Elisenda (figures of giants) be accompanied at this conclusion by a number of colleagues who, as themselves, are also ancient. For the first time in Barcelona, will have the presence in the same party, of all ancient and historical giants in our city.